Family Care International’s work is made possible by grants and contributions from a wide variety of donors - individuals, families, foundations, corporations, governments, and international agencies.
We are accountable to our donors, our colleagues, and those we serve, and we seek to maximize the portion of our income that directly supports our programs. During 2013, program costs accounted for 81% of FCI’s total expenditures; 17% went for administrative costs, and 2% for fundraising.
We are committed to full transparency, and publish our audited financial reports and IRS filings as soon as they are available. FCI has a top A rating from Charity Watch, has been awarded the top 4-star rating for Accountability and Transparency by Charity Navigator, and is a GuideStar Exchange Gold Participant, all testaments to our organizational commitment to transparency.
We are grateful to all of our supporters, who are partners in our work around the world. The list below includes institutions and individuals providing $10,000 or more in funding in 2012–2013:
Governmental and International Agencies
- Barcelona Solidaria
- Burkina Faso Ministry of Health
- Catalan Agency for Development
- Danish International Development
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Mesa de Género de la Cooperación Española
- Pan American Health Organization
- Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH)
- UK aid from the UK Government
- UNICEF (Mali)
- United Nations Population Fund (regional office for Latin America and the Caribbean; Bolivia, Burkina Faso, and Mali country offices)
- Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID)
- The World Bank
- World Health Organization
Foundations, Corporations, Nongovernmental Organizations, and Universities
- Asociación IBIS – HIVOS
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation
- European Society of Contraceptionand Reproductive Health
- Ford Foundation
- Fundación Interarts
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Gynuity Health Projects
- Initiative Privée et Communautaire de Lutte contre le VIH/SIDA au Burkina Faso (IPC/BF)
- Johns Hopkins University
- Johnson & Johnson
- Laboratoire HRA Pharma
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur
- Management Sciences for Health
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Mutual of America
- Population Action International
- Results for Development Institute, Inc.
- Save the Children
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- United Nations Foundation
- Women Deliver
Individuals and Family Foundations
- Blue Oak Foundation/Holly Myers and E. Kirk Neely
- Jennifer and Peter Brock
- Cogan Family Foundation
- Jerry and Diane Cunningham
- Sharon Kathryn D’Agostino
- Meg Gifford and Todd Tibbetts
- Lippincott Foundation
- Brian K. and Anne S. Mazar
- David and Katherine Moore Family Foundation
- Scheidel Foundation
- Anne Tinker
We would also like to thank our partners at Aid for Africa, Catapult,
Dollar Per Month, and Network for Good, and all of the individuals who generously contributed through them.
FCI cannot publish the names of all of our individual donors, but we wish to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for their essential support.